Girl in Bionic Suit 2004: An incoherent 6am-ish post
.
Friday, May 21
An incoherent 6am-ish post

Here I am, sitting in front of my powerbook at 6am in the morning, a mixed figure of drowsiness, with a North Pole internal body temperature and stickiness on my skin. Even though I'd a shower barely 4 hours before, just before I tried to sleep.

I emphasized on the word tried. For rest did not came easy. One of my (bed)room mates was having an extremely vocal argument with her boyfriend over the phone, and she was allowing neither the wee hours of the day nor the fact that I was lying just centimeters away from her interfere with her shout-out, trash-out argument of the century.

Hell, no.

I was even pretending to be asleep so that by some miracle I could really lull myself to sleep. This cheap trick works sometimes. You have to master this kind of technique when you live in a noisy household.

I did not know what time the quarreling stopped. But I put it to approx. just before I wake up for good. Not that I did get any real rest, since I was almost suffocated by the humidity of the night. It had been a good 3-plus hours of tossing and turning. Lovely.

I absolutely have to say this, even though this has been repeated ample times by so many others before me. Most probably by you as well.

I thoroughly dislike. the. weather. at this time of the year. INTENSELY.

With or without aircon. (even tho' aircon does lessen that dislike a little.)

Esp. when the hot(weather)-cold(aircon) conditions make my body go haywire, like how it invokes giant cold wars even while I wither uselessly away under the heat of the year. Gosh. Having to battle both the cold and heat utilizes more energy than pulling on a cart.

I just wish it does burn away some fats in the process. At least that will make the fight a little more worthwhile.
posted by redshot on 21.5.04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


the author
about
home
2007
2006
2005
2004

search

archives
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004

resources