Girl in Bionic Suit 2004: The wild child speaks
.
Monday, May 31
The wild child speaks

At 17, Doug Barry has published a book and went on national TV. His mom is a bank VP and his dad, a doctor. The title of his book has the words "Young CEO" in it.

At 23, I still have no firm idea which career path I am going to embark on. Like an idealistic young college grad, I know I wanna see the world and go on untrodden paths. Monet calls me and Lecter the localised version of Tintin and snowy.

At 25, my elder sister tells me that she *might* be experiencing quarter life crisis. She'll be walking down the church aisle within a year. I see her life in the next ten years as: study, work, marriage, house, kids. Not necessarily in that order. But yea, that should be about it. I tell her that I *might* be out of the country.

"For what?", she asks.

"To roam the streets of China like a poor kid." say I.

And she calls me irresponsible.

But if I am tell her that I am going to work in a bank after college, find myself a nice boy, marry, pay thru my nose for a 4-room flat and have kids, would she decide that I am a sensible lady instead?

Knowing her, I'm almost sure it's gonna be a resounding yes.
posted by redshot on 31.5.04

3 Comments:

Blogger angie said...

hey babe! it's your life!

31.5.04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vinyarb here, thx for droppin by! well... at 25, i have absolutely no idea where my life is headed... and i'm a GUY! haiz...

So you're not alone.. :-)

1.6.04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, naskes here. The guy's still biking around, with another Malay fren who was studying in US. The chinese guy's finally got the support of his parents. So, yah.

I'm coming 25 and equally lost. =) We'll find our footing eventually. We just need time. And self-realisation. Lotsa self-realisation.... ;)

2.6.04  

Post a Comment

<< Home


the author
about
home
2007
2006
2005
2004

search

archives
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004

resources