Girl in Bionic Suit 2004: Unlike physical rape, cyber rape is consensual
.
Thursday, June 10
Unlike physical rape, cyber rape is consensual

What do you do when an online acquaintance flashed at you during an online chat via a web cam?

Do you go, "Wow how exciting! Someone gets hard by me!"

Or would you be so shocked that you went into a state of paralysis?

Someone I know by a nick "P" was flashed at that day. She is seven years older than him. While he showed her his gun, she took screen shots of them and then later, proceeded to spread them by posting them online.

Her reasoning for doing that is here. I'm sorry to say I’m not half as convinced.

Why, you ask?

First up- First thing I noticed about the pictures: the guy was already half naked. He only had his shorts on (which of course came partly off later too haha).

Right, you were v-conferencing with someone you mildly know from an obscure site, and that guy was half naked. I would think that any respectable lady would request for the guy to put on some tee? Oh it was hot, you said, and I was an understanding girl and didn't really mind talking to an online acquaintance who was top naked, or even bottom naked for all that I cared since the web cam wouldn't be showing anything past the face.

Yeah right.

Then there was her claim that he showed her his hardrock member without asking if she wanted to see it (apparently he just asked, "wanna see something?" and proceeded to show her his pride haha). I'm not sure what went thru' her mind, but she did say something to the likes of the following (to me and on her site)-

"Ok you show it me without asking if I wanna see it but now that I am seeing it, I don't think it's a big deal. I might be offended but hey, what the heck, since you dare to flash it, I'm game to look at it!"

Thing is, the story doesn't stop here. He proceeded to jerk off (I think, and you'll see why I think that later) in front of the screen, in front of her, and then finally climaxed onto a piece of tissue (or something like that)- the glorious act of his climaxing was even captured in yet another one of the screen shots.

Unless he came right after showing her his member, otherwise.. wow, she actually sat through his whole jerking session!

Oh yes, she was taking the screen shots. How could I forget? They were for what was claimed to be a public warning to the young girls online. And she so had to talk to him (evident from the screen shots) so amicably almost like nothing out of the ordinary was happening, perhaps her way of coaxing him on (hmm)... Oh did I mention she was still chatting to him throughout the whole episode?

Can it be considered cyber rape if the girl indirectly egged him on by not voicing her objections?

Is not voicing objections a kind of consensus?

And after the great feat was accomplished, the stage was set and the screen shots appeared on a friend's high-traffic blog. The post/public warning was later edited to publish his mugshot accompanied by words like 'looking every bit the weiner', 'bastard' etc.

In that entry it was stated clearly that the discriminating shots were intended to be a warning to the naive and inexperienced females out there. She also added repeatedly that she didn't want to get the lad into legal trouble (yet). Edited on 6/14:- Actually P admitted freely that she had taken the naked screen shots just coz she was playful. (or in other words, the shots were taken not coz she wanted to warn ppl, but coz she was playful.)

She took the (private) shots without his knowledge ... uploaded AND allowed them to be circulated by linking them on a public site with demeaning comments ... and extracted his personal photo without permission from his Friendster account.

Now, it is a punishment... only difference is that it's no longer Singapore's laws. It's P's laws.

At the end of the day I'm not sure if it's up to you or your friend to go that far in your rogue vigilante operation.

In fact I don't think you are exactly guiltless yourself.
posted by redshot on 10.6.04


the author
about
home
2007
2006
2005
2004

search

archives
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004

resources