Girl in Bionic Suit 2004: I'm lovin' it
.
Tuesday, August 3
I'm lovin' it

One fine evening as I stood talking to a handsome young man at the train station, I saw the flyer for Sex and the City pasted on the side of the newspaper stand.

The highly acclaimed series was finally going to have its own time slots on cable, here in the nanny state of dear old S'pore. Of course whether it was going to be censored like the rest was another issue.

Not that it concerned me greatly coz just two days later, my dear old friend flew in all six boxes of the series, brand new and still wrapped in their plastic sheets ! If I had been any more of myself I might just kissed her.

So now as I drowned myself through seasons 1 - 6, I thought of her every minute of the shows, and wondered how life had never been the same since the day she gave me that big black bag which weighed a ton. How surprised and delighted I was that it was a ton's worth of SATC goodies. How I tore the plastic wrapper off the first box as she gave me a run down on the glamourous posse in the series. And how two long-time-no-see-coz-one-is-always-in-another-country girlfriends became girlish together in a small cafe all over again.

Yes. You may vomit your lungs out, but I am officially a chick flick addict.
posted by redshot on 3.8.04

8 Comments:

Blogger teahouse said...

Yayyy!! I'm a SATC addict myself. I own all of the first 5 seasons on DVD, and in the U.S. they've released the first half of the last season (6) so far. I've never had HBO; I just got into them by buying the DVDs. What a great show!

3.8.04  
Blogger redshot said...

If you notice, the post is on 'some writer somewhere'. I would be more than a little surprised if anyone thought that I actually wrote those stuff in the deliberately blackquoted " " para. So what's with the plagiarism issue here ?

And I ain't interested to drag his name or nick or whatever into the post. Not going to go into that, just in case I get personal attacked (again) for linking without asking (duh).

And as I told the 'writer' who confronted me that night, I don't slam writers. I write about stupid articles.

Just like I give thumbs up for good ones by good writers. So yea, don't mention it. :]

4.8.04  
Blogger redshot said...

"a few of his readers" = one reader, who happens to have a site seemingly to be specializing in referencing, right down to the exact page.

Actually if I have the chance, I would like to ask that one reader what he means by "intellectual honesty", coz I sure ain't aware that I was dishonest about anything in that post. and I sure can direct him to some posts of real intellectual dishonesty if he requests.

the rest of the commentors, aren't pointing out any non-personal, rational points of either articles. perhaps to some, it's all about the writer, not the writings.

But thanks for taking the trouble to pen. you have been a dear to either parties.

4.8.04  
Blogger Camoranesi said...

Camoranesi - Hey your slamming my article, I love it. I take that as a backhanded compliment. I'm such a veritable receptacle of all sorts of publicity be it good or bad, that I'm thinking of legally changing my name to "Publicity Whore".

But I would like to suggest you not criticize Akikonomu and his so-called intellectual honesty. He's one helluva writer I admire.

And oh yeah, let's hope everybody lives happily ever after.

Cheers. And thanks for the shout-out even though my nick was not mentioned!

4.8.04  
Blogger redshot said...

Camoranesi - Thanks for dropping by. But hey, please, no publicizing of whoevers' nicks or whatever here. I'm flattered that a little personal article is bringing in so much traffic.

But I'm not sure if I want ignorant(keyword) personal attacks here as well. See, that's why I don't do nicks unnecessarily. So that we don't have defensive people and their pierce forks gangs charging in here to deface my site coz of an article which doesn't link anywhere and no one really knows where they are from, except the good two people who are reading both yours and my blogs.

I pen about the articles sometimes. I don't go all out to smear writers. I am not that good myself to do that.

So yea, no nicks or links or whatever here. Alright ?

Thank you very much.

4.8.04  
Blogger redshot said...

P/S: it's not really publicity if no one knows anything about my article.

But since you linked me up and all in your subsequent posts, then I guess it might be publicity more for me than for yourself.

Oh, no one is criticizing your beloved Mr A, even tho' he's criticizing some others. But I'm sorry if I appeared to be doing so.

Cheers.

4.8.04  
Blogger Camoranesi said...

Cheers!

Join me for a Tiger sometimes. You could do with some bit of publicity. Traffic in your site is too low.

:)

4.8.04  
Blogger redshot said...

You know ! Amazing. Haha. Another judgment from the person who concludes based solely on whatever (little) observations he can get.

Thanks for trying, honey.

5.8.04  

Post a Comment

<< Home


the author
about
home
2007
2006
2005
2004

search

archives
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004

resources