Girl in Bionic Suit 2004: Breaded Philosophy
.
Monday, December 6
Breaded Philosophy

I have been eating all kinds of bao (Chinese buns) these days, courtesy of the Baby Sister, who's happily employed as a washer-girl at a friend's dad's kopitiam (coffee shop). It's a holiday job with no strings attached, just dinner and white kopitiam bread and Lim Kee buns at the end of her three-four-hour stint.

I love those kopitiam white bread, esp. when they are toasted and buttered. Well actually I just love bread, white or wheat, plain or buttered. I would happily chomped sandwiches for meals if I could. But bao's different. They just are. Tho' some might say that they are actually bread in dome shapes. Well even if they are, I like mine baked, not steamed.

Bunz, Liang Seah Street, Singapore
Overpriced Chinese sandwiches, if you ask me.
posted by redshot on 6.12.04

3 Comments:

Blogger darth said...

i'm going to do a blog about my love for all things sandwich / bread related.

9.12.04  
Blogger redshot said...

Don't do it without pictures. That's the best part. Heh heh.

9.12.04  
Blogger darth said...

yes!

i even took pictures of some vietnamese sandwiches we made once..banh mi..mmmmm...

12.12.04  

Post a Comment

<< Home


the author
about
home
2007
2006
2005
2004

search

archives
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004

resources