Girl in Bionic Suit 2004: I am falling more in love with Gmail
.
Wednesday, December 29
I am falling more in love with Gmail

Gmail is more than proving its worth in the big bad congested world of Email. I just got some attachments in the (e)mail, and this time, all I have to do is to hit on the 'download all files' option and it automatically zips up the files as a single download. No more multiple files all over on my desktop too. Hooray !

*

Depp forgot her mobile phone when she left her office to run some errands. Just long enough for her to have to run all over Plaza Singapura later, frantically looking for a public phone, for a half-minute confirmation of some shoestring details with the Big Boys back in their air-con rooms.

When I was without my mobile phone cold turkey in Tally (with only the good ol’ LAN phone for use), it was all withdrawal symptoms for me. By the end of the month, I was rehabilitated. By the time I returned to the tiny island with one of the highest densities of mobile phone users in the world, I was (and still am) leaving the phone in, more often than I probably should have, when I was out.

But really I enjoy being mobile-phone-less. I derive a sense of peace that no one can get me anytime anywhere. I like it, no strings attached.

*

I'd been on an eternal hunt for my ICP Bible, when it decided to show up at the least expected timing, at one of the places where I thought I had searched a thousand times, while perspiring like a mad cow.

Almost like that bus which never comes when you want it to, but shows up once your mind's set on another bus number.

Some skewed psychological effect again, I know. Can't blame larh. Most of us humans do seem to have a tendency to overbalance one or the other. Though most of the time, the (imagined) bad in our situations always seem to overshadow any good. Especially now, when I can't stop thinking, WHY DIDN’T THE BLARDY THING APPEAR EARLIER ?!

*

PS: as a Christmas present (x-mas lasts for twelve days okay), I am giving out five Gmail invites. Drop me a message or email (redshot at gmail.com).
posted by redshot on 29.12.04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


the author
about
home
2007
2006
2005
2004

search

archives
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004

resources